Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Evolution was an updated version of Virtua Fighter 4. The game introduced two new characters and adjusted every other character as well. The two new characters were the Judoka-assassin, Goh Hinogami and the Muay Thai boxer Brad Burns. With the addition of Brad Burns, Vanessa Lewis's alternate Muay Thai style from Virtua Fighter 4 was removed and replaced with a Vale Tudo "Offensive" style; making her a solely Vale Tudo brawler.
All of the stages were adjusted. For example, Lei-Fei's stage in Virtua Fighter 4 previously took place during sunset, in Evolution it takes place during the morning.
Features at a Glance Edit
- Improved Graphics: better anti-aliasing.
- New item store in Quest Mode.
- Currency system in Quest Mode.
- Opponent tracking log in Quest Mode: kept track of which opponents were fought in Quest Mode.
- Increased number of character items.
- Improved ranking system.
- Special gameplay modes (i.e. Hyper Fighter, See-Saw, Wrestler's, etc.).
- Emblem collecting: placed special incentive to defeat certain opponents or to avoid being defeated by certain opponents.
- New ring type; Semi-open/semi-walled.
In the US, Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution for PlayStation 2 also included as a bonus Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary.