Shinobi II: The Silent Fury (or The GG Shinobi II) is the second Shinobi game for the Sega Game Gear. It is a 2D side-scrolling platform game.
The player has to rescue the four elemental ninja and their corresponding crystal. When one rescues a ninja they join up with the player and one can switch to them. Each ninja has a different power and ability, which must be used in order to progress through the game. The first four levels can be played in any order. When both the ninja and crystal have been recovered from all the levels the final level is unlocked.
Each ninja has a different weapon, special power and skill:
- Red Ninja Katana - Teleportation - Can knock back boulders with his sword.
- Blue Ninja: Kusari-gama - Tornado / flight - Swings on special pipes with chain.
- Yellow Ninja: Boomerang Shuriken- Limited invulnerability - Walks on water.
- Pink Kunoichi: Bombs - Brighten dark areas - Can crawl on roofs.
- Green Ninja: Shurikens - Earthquake - Can double jump.