The LEGO Dimensions: Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack is a level pack for LEGO Dimensions that was released on November 18, 2016.
The Blue Blur is ready for a LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ adventure! Spin into action with Sonic the Hedgehog™ as he speeds through some of his most iconic locations including Green Hill, Emerald Coast, Labyrinth and many more. Build Sonic and use his Acrobat ability to swing off poles and avoid the Badniks, and use his famous grind rails move to make a quick escape! Travel in style by hopping into the Sonic Speedster or The Tornado, then rebuild them into the Blue Typhoon and Motobug, and the Crabmeat and Egg Catcher for extra-special abilities. Unlock the exclusive Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure World and Battle Arena.
The level starts with an opening related to the old Sonic games with Sonic holding a ring in front of a rift. Then you play through Green hill zone to Tails' workshop to tell him he's got the last Chaos emerald, until Eggman shows up to get the last one for his collection of emeralds, so he gave him a choice, either to save his friends or to stop him with a keystone device, which he can control the dimensions for years to come, until he gets distracted by Sonic's usual complements which gave him time to save Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Big, then Sonic asks if anybody has seen Amy anywhere. Then the device activates which then sends Eggman and the emeralds to an unknown location, until when Big, Knuckles and Shadow got sucked into another location, Sonic then tells Tails to think of a plan while he was gone. Sonic and Eggman were near the ocean and after the fight, then send them to space, which he summons his 3 metal counterparts, Robo, Mecha, and Metal Sonic, which he defeats. One of the scraps hit the device and 3 Portals came up, releasing some objects, so Sonic ran after him until a blue light came through and Chaos appears in a puddle.
- 185,000 studs
Abilities Needed to Complete the Level 100%
- Slurp Access
- LEGO Constructs
- Super Strength (In order to access Breakfast Kingdom)
- Laser (In order to access Breakfast Kingdom)
- Sword Switch
- Charge Transfer
Citizen in Peril
- Big the Cat
In Breakfast Kingdom, you'll see Big almost drowning in a vat of coffee. To save him, you'll need characters with the Technology and Charge Transfer Abilities to get him out of the vat.
- The Tornado
- Sonic Speedster
- Blue Typhoon
- Moto Bug
- Sonic Dimensions (Sonic's the name, speed's my game!)
- Sonic the Hedgehog World
- The title of the level is a play on LEGO Dimensions.
- Some Levels/Zones (especially Green Hill Zone) was developed by Sonic Team.
- Aperture Science, Retro Wreckage and Sonic Dimensions are the only levels (from level packs) that are associated mostly to LEGO Dimensions besides the story levels.
- Coincidentally (or intentionally), they're all video game franchises.
- Sonic's quote towards Chaos is "Chaos. I'm taking you down like it's 1999." and this is a reference to the fact that 1999 is the year Sonic Adventure was released in North America and Europe, where Chaos makes his first appearance.
- As a nod to Sonic R, Tails Doll appears in the Marble Zone section of the level, albeit as a prop.
- One of the various objects scattered around the level is a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.
- During the cutscene where Sonic enters the rift, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle are shown traveling on it. This is the second level pack they make appearances in, the first being A Book and a Bad Guy.
- This is the second longest Level Pack Level to date in both Year 1 and Year 2 levels, the longest being Mission: Impossible.
- This level pack currently has the most boss battles in any pack, totaling in 5.
- The title is based off an unreleased planned Sonic game with
the same name so not much is known other then it was supposed to be the original name for Sonic Generations.
- If you break an invicibility box with Super Sonic, he will
look very similar to Hyper Sonic. It is unknown if this was on purpose.
- The infamous barrel from Carnival Night Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 makes an appearance in the Marble Zone section.
- There's an Easter egg in Sonic Dimensions where if you have Gizmo, Stripe or Wicked Witch and they go in water, they are surrounded by an air bubble.
- Most of the music is recycled from old Sonic games like Sonic Adventure, Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
- In the level pack, any character, even invulnerable characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl, can drown if you stay under water for too long.
- The level's name on the packaging is a reference to a win quote Sonic had in the crossover game Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
The quote is the exact same. It is also a meme around the internet along with Sonic's taunts "c'mon step it up" and "you're too slow".
- The level's intro is based off of the intro of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game and also like the original game are rings that lead you to the Special Stages.
- This is the final Level Pack made for 2016.