Jane is a fictional character from the video game series Fighting Vipers.
- Sex: Female
- Birthday: August 18
- Age: 18
- Weight: 152 lbs
- Height: 5 ft 6 in
- Hometown: Armstone City
- Occupation: Construction Worker, Truck Driver
- Hobby: Weight Lifting
- Personality: Hotblooded, unyielding
- Favorite Music: American Rock
- Liked Food: Beef Steak
- Disliked Food: Nothing
Ever since she was a little girl, Jane has always wanted to become a Marine. Throughout high school, she trained her muscles to the limit so that one day she may proudly serve her country in the Corps. However, the Marines rejected her application when she finally went to the recruitment office, considering her mentally unstable due to a near-lethal blow Jane once administered during a heated struggle. This news devastated her. Forced to work part-time as a subway construction worker to make end meet for herself, Jane enters the tournament to measure her prowess and justify her training in her youth.
Fighting Vipers 2
A butch and muscled construction worker, Jane trained her whole life to join the Marines but did not make it past training. Jane was dishonorably discharged after repeatedly losing control of herself during fights and injuring fellow sea-men. She still hasn't given up her dreams though. Jane now wants to test how strong she is, hence entering the Fighting Vipers tournament.
- In Fighting Vipers 2, Jane has blonde hair instead of brown and she doesn't have a tanned skintone. However, her original dark hair can be seen as part of her 2P outfit.
- Her ending implies that though she is a hard working and strong willed woman, she is also of an affluent background with a possibly rich family—she is shown wearing her hair styled in a fancy way and she is wearing a dress or ballgown.
Inspired by Jenette Vasquez
According to information cpiled by Sega AM2 during the concept and creation of Jane, Sega AM2 were inspired by Jenette Vasquez played by Jenette Goldstein from the the science action film Aliens, as the character in the film is a smartgun operator with the United States Colonial Marine Corps. References to Vasquez are that Jane wanted to be a Marine but was rejected. In Fighting Vipers 2 (2001) Jane's character design had changed, she no longer had tanned skin and no longer sported her bandana. In Fighting Vipers instead of wearing dogtags around her neck Jane uses one as a earring.