|Team||The Guild (HDN)|
|First Appearance||Hyperdimension Neptunia|
|Special Skills||Fire Magic|
|Voiced by (English)||Kate Higgins|
|Voiced by (Japanese)||Kana Ueda|
IF (アイエフ Aiefu) is a Maker from the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise, who personifies Idea Factory (the parent company of Compile Heart, the main developers of the HDN franchise). She is one of the protagonists in the crossover game Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls, alongside the game-original character Hatsumi Sega.
From her experience over time, IF is a knowledgeable girl, but she can sometimes be overconfident over what she knows. She is headstrong and always plans and finishes things her way. Despite being almost always serious, IF can be sarcastic over some things. She is also a chuunibyou (or "chuuni" for short), a character archetype that defines someone having a delusional behaviour about having powers that normal people wouldn't have. Although, due to the nature of her world, which having magical powers are normal, her chuuni tendecies show from her talking about gaining demonic powers or being extremely dark.
IF is a fair-skinned girl with a short physique. Her hair has a pale brown hue and has a length that reaches down near her waist. She has sharp, green eyes. On her head is an accessory called a "Leafy Bow", which consists of two green leaves on the left side of her head.
- Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls (Crossover game)
- Gakuyaura No Girls☆Talk (Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls Audio Drama)
Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls
- Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls is the first Neptunia game to star IF as the protagonist, which was the result of a Japanese poll about the popularity of the Neptunia characters, which IF came second.
- In the crossover, IF is partnered to the new character, Segami, rather than Compa, a personification of Compile Heart, who always have been in every game as IF's close friend.
- However, Compa cameos in the game inside the Toypolis dungeon. There are arcade cabinets that can be seen that reuses artwork from previous games. One of them is the boxart of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, which features Neptune, IF and Compa. Uni, a Neptunia representation of PlayStation Portable and Vita, also cameos in the same fashion through a reused promotional artwork and boxes of her real-life figures.
- IF is classified as a Maker, which are characters in the Neptunia series that are designed and named directly after gaming companies or series that collaborated with the game. IF, and her series close friend Compa, are the only exception to the direct naming rule as they're the first Makers and named in the style as regular characters.
- IF character page on the official Chou Jigen Taisen Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls - Yume no Gattai Special website