is a character who appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. She is an anthropomorphic tenrec who exists on Sonic's World two hundred years into the future. She was a member of the corrupt City Council, before turning rogue.
Gold, as her name states, is a golden tenrec who wears a brown-colored sari with blue and gold markings akin to Silver the Hedgehog's on the edge of the sari. The inside of her ears are colored black with the tip being colored gold. She has blue eyes with light blue eye markings, and on the top of her head, she has an incomplete-circle colored slightly yellow. She wears brown boots with light brown cuffs. Her hand cuffs are light blue, her gloves are white, and she has light-gold fur on her chest. Her muzzle is peach colored. When wearing her Onyx City Council uniform, she bares the five-dotted mask and a long dark grey hooded cloak with light blue hemlines and golden outlines akin to those on Silver's bracelets.
Gold is supportive, intelligent, observant, caring and easily impressed. However, she is also nosy (she makes a lot of noise when watching movies), neurotic and nagging. Currently, she is beginning to learn how to be her own person, and that that person has value and power.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Like Silver, Gold possesses mind-related abilities. Unlike Silver however, her specialty lies in telepathy, allowing her to talk to others telepathically, induce visions and even limited mind control. She is also said to be a brilliant civic planner and leader.
- Gold's species was first confirmed by her creator Evan Stanley, writer of the storyline where she made her debut. She further clarified that Gold is "specifically a lesser hedgehog tenrec."
- Gold's name goes in tandem with Silver's: they are both types of metal often paired together.
- Gold's favorite book genres are romance and poetry, although she runs away and closes her eyes when drama and romance occur. Her least favorite story elements are when anything gory or scary happens.
- Evan Stanley stated on her Tumblr blog that she leads towards Gold as being either bisexual or a lesbian. Whether or not this will be established in-canon is not confirmed.
- This marks the first time a member of the creative team has stated a character to be LGBT while still working on the series. Previously, former head writer Ken Penders stated his belief that Rotor Walrus was gay, as well as confirming that Knecapeon Mace was intended to be gay, after he had left the series.