Billy Hatcher is the protagonist from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. He is a boy from the human world that was chosen by the Chicken to save the elders and return to Morning Land. His friends are Rolly Roll, Chick Poacher, and Bantam Scrambled. He was then brought to Morning Land with his friends were they found their chicken suits. Then in the end he stops the ruler of crows, Dark Raven, from putting the world in darkness. With the help of the Chicken God and Chicken Elders. Then he and his friends returned to the human world supposingly giving their Chicken Suits back. He is courageous, nice, and never gives up.
- Roll - Lets the player move the egg
- Bounce - Lets the player bounce the egg
- Rooster Call - Lets the player hatch an egg
- Tame - Lets the player use Helper Animals to attack.
- Courage/Super Billy - More power only allowed at last boss
These following games has billy hatcher as a playable character or a major character in said games.
- Billy Hatcher later had a minigame in the Eyetoy game Sega Superstars for Playstation 2.
- He made an appearance in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity as an unlockable power type character.
- He is a playable character in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, where one of his stages is Rampart Road, which is Blizzard Castle. His All-Star is yelling "Cock-a-doodle-doo!", then summoning a large egg in which he runs on like a circus ball, making it roll forward and running over the other competitors.