Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (glitch)
100cm (3ft 3in)
35 kg (77lb.)
The glitch can be made to occur by activating Debug Mode and placing waterfalls in a certain pattern/area.
Ashura is a popular character and is used in various webcomics such as Two Evil Scientists, where he is partnered with Quint, an evil version of Megaman and calls himself "A palette glitch that became too well known."
Ashura, due to being a palette glitch, has no backstory and no given personality whatsoever, this leaves it wide open for fanfiction writers to form his personality and his backstory, another key example of that is Nazo.
- When Ashura is hit by an enemy, Sonic's blue legs are shown.
- If you pause quickly while transforming into Super Ashura, he looks like Shadow the Hedgehog.
- When Sonic turns into Ashura, his life icon changes to Ashuras (also due to the pallette swap).
- There is a glitch in the prototype where you can get stuck in the walls.
- Ashura is very popular in places like Smack Jeeves.
- After Ashura loses his Super Form, Sonic's pallete comes back.
- Fans say Ashura looks like Scourge for the following reasons: They are both green hedgehogs. They are the result of a 'Sonic' undergoing a 'glitched' transformation. Ashura's black forehead looks like Scourge's crown.
- You can change Ashura's colors like an Ashura with red or orange highlights in his quills, along with blue eyes and a blue outline by moving around after the life icon changes to look like Ashura.
- After doing the Ashura glitch, almost everything changes color; the animals, the robots, etc.
- Some fans have tried to do the Ashura glitch in other Sonic games like Sonic the Hedgehog, or Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
- Also, fans have used hacks to make Sonic look like Ashura in the 3D games like Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes, etc.