Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realms, developed by the now defunct 3d6 Games and published by THQ, is a sequel for Altered Beast released for Game Boy Advance in the style of the original arcade game. It adds new features like power-ups, new beast forms and destructible environments.
In this game, the player controls a Guardian revived by Zeus to stop Arcanon. The Guardian can turn into Canis (Werewolf), Nagi (Snake Man/Naga), Draco (Dragon Man), Smilodon (Tiger), Terapis (Spiked turtle), Charodon (Shark), Cerathos (Rhinoceros), Avion (Eagle), Scorpios (Scorpion), and Chimera. Each form can be powered up with Talismans that appears in stages that had been completed.
- Chaos Realm
- Palace of the Gods
- Adrenaline - Increased speed for a short time.
- Ambrosia - Fully recovers the health.
- Armageddon - Damages all enemies present in the screen.
- Berserk - The Guardian becomes red for a while?
- Determination - Temporary invincibility.
- Earthquake - Damages all enemies present in the screen.
- Extra Life - Grants an extra life.
- Innerfire - Releases small fireballs for a brief time.
- Regenerate - Slowly recovers health for a short time.
- Shockwave - Releases a shockwave to the left and right to attack enemies.
- Venom - Attacks become poisonous and stronger for a short time.
- Zander's Shield - Creates a shield that temporarily protects the Guardian by harming enemies that touch it.